Sandbox applications are available with any Beefree SDK paid plan.
- What is a Sandbox Application?
- How to Create a Sandbox Application
- Benefits of Sandbox Applications
- Important Considerations
What is a Sandbox Application?
A sandbox application is a child application that is linked to your parent application within the Beefree SDK console. The purpose of these child applications is to create development, QA, or any other type of application instances that you can merge your application’s changes to prior to pushing them to production. This empowers you to test new features (even on a higher paid plan) within a controlled environment prior to releasing them to your application’s end users. Sandbox applications do not count toward usage based fees; therefore, you can build and test in your sandbox applications freely.
How to Create a Sandbox Application
You can create a sandbox application within your Beefree SDK console. Prior to creating a sandbox application, ensure you have a paid plan with Beefree SDK. This will make the functionality accessible to you.
To create a sandbox application, take the following steps:
1. Log in to your Beefree SDK Developer Console
2. Create a new application
Note: This creates a production environment for your application.
3. Navigate to your dashboard where the new application is located
4. Click the + next to Add a development instance
5. Type in the name of your sandbox application, for example “development environment” or “QA environment”
6. Click Create
7. View the new sandbox application available in your Beefree SDK dashboard
Benefits of Sandbox Applications
There are multiple benefits to utilizing sandbox applications. A few of these benefits are the following:
- Merge and test changes to your application prior to releasing them to your end users
- Create an environment for different contributors in your development cycle, for example QA Engineers, frontend developers, backend developers, and so on
- Access next tier Beefree SDK features in your sandbox applications without any additional costs
- Create as many child sandbox applications linked to your parent production environment as you’d like
While access to next tier Beefree SDK features in your sandbox applications is available to you, it is important to remember that you cannot push any next tier features in your sandbox application to your production environment. Your production environment should only include the features reflected in your current plan subscription. If you find that you would like to push a next tier feature from your sandbox application to your production application, you need to upgrade to the subscription plan that corresponds to those features.
Beefree SDK allows you to access next tier features within your sandbox application to test them out and see if they are a good fit for your application’s needs. However, it is important to consider that if you plan to push those features to your production environment, that you have the right subscription and permissions to do so.