- Bring the power of GIPHY inside BEE
- Installing and configuring the AddOns
- How the Giphy AddOns work inside BEE
- Do you share any personal data with Giphy?
- Get in touch with us
Bring the power of GIPHY inside BEE
Giphy GIFs and Stickers are Partner AddOns, available for free in your developer portal. They can be installed and enabled in your Application Configuration.
With these AddOns, your customers will be able to search and add GIFs and animated stickers right inside BEE. After installing each AddOn, a new tile will be available in the “Content” section of the editor.
These AddOns are developed by BEE and powered by Giphy.
Installing and configuring the AddOns
- Log into the BEE Plugin Developer Portal and click on Details for the application for which you want to install the AddOn.
- In the Application configuration box in the lower right, click on AddOns.
- Click on Browse AddOns, then click on either the GIFs by GIPHY or Stickers by GIPHY AddOn.
- Click on Install; after a few moments, the configuration window will pop up.
- You may customize
- Tile title
- Tile icon – we recommend a 64 x 64 pixel SVG file
- Content button text
- Placeholder message
- If you leave these fields empty, defaults will apply.
- In the configuration, you’ll also see a “handle”, a unique identifier useful to pass information to the AddOn, if needed (e.g. initializing the AddOn in multiple languages, if your application has them). Further info on what handles are and how to use them are available here.
- Once you’re done, turn on the Enable switch so that the AddOn becomes visible to the end users of your application.
Here is an example of customization:
Here is how it looks like in BEE:
How the Giphy AddOns work inside BEE
Once enabled, a new tile in the “Content” tab of the editor will be displayed. After dragging it onto the stage, clicking on the button will launch a Giphy search dialog. Clicking on a GIF or sticker will import it instantly inside the content you’re editing.
Do you share any personal data with Giphy?
When using the AddOn, the only data we pass to Giphy are the queries you type in the search dialog. No other data is transferred to Giphy.
Get in touch with us
For questions or inquiries about these AddOns, feel free to reach us at email@example.com.
Do you have an idea for a new AddOn? Are you interested in developing a Partner AddOn? We can’t wait to hear about it, drop us a line!