Understanding storage & content delivery options
When you configure an instance of the editor, you have three options for image & file storage:
- BEE storage: unless you select another option, images will be hosted in BEE’s own AWS S3 bucket. See below for details about potential fees associated with this option.
- Your own AWS S3 bucket: instead of using BEE’s AWS S3 bucket to store & deliver files, you can use your own. See Configuring your own S3 bucket.
- Your own file system: if your application already has a place where images and other assets are stored, you can leverage it. See using your file system.
About BEE storage
How images are stored & delivered
By default, images used in emails and pages created with the editor are stored in BEE’s file storage system. BEE uses Amazon Web Service’s S3 service for storage, and leverages Amazon’s Content Delivery Network (CloudFront) for fast content delivery.
Storage and delivery fees
- There are no charges for storing images & other documents.
- There are no charges for delivering images & other documents up to a total of 5TB of delivery traffic per calendar month.
- Above 5TB of data traffic recorded in a calendar month, you will be billed $0.01 per GB of data transferred.
Please contact your Customer Success specialist for more details.
Images vs. other files
End users of the editor can upload not just images, but also PDF files and other documents via the editor’s file manager. For example, they could link a button to downloading a PDF report.
End-user documentation on the editor’s file manager can be found here.
If you need more control on what files users should be able to upload, consider connecting the editor to your file system.