An editor that evolves with you
In keeping with our commitment to provide the Best Email Editor for SaaS, we made the decision earlier this year to completely rewrite the BEE Plugin frontend to achieve the following goals:
- Keep our technology stack current with evolving web applications
- Deliver a faster loading speed
- Add features that increase flexibility and extensibility
While much has changed under the hood, we kept the UI vastly unchanged to minimize any disruption in the user experience for the hundreds of thousands of people that use BEE every month across over 600 SaaS applications.
What's new in BEE v3
You can now pass to BEE a link to a CSS file when you start the editor, allowing theme changes based on user preference (e.g. light vs. dark mode).
When the default text strings don't work well with the rest of your app's nomenclature, you can now override default transaction files with yours.
Until now, the editor's sidebar (property panel) was always shown on the right. You can now move it to the left, or let your users decide where to position it.
Peace of mind
Your peace of mind is a top priority for us. It has been a central focus as we developed the new version of our editor, and as we make it available to you.
To that extent:
- You do NOT have to switch to BEE v3. Take your time. Discover. See what’s new.
- We will continue supporting BEE v2 until July 15, 2020.
- We encourage you to switch your QA or DEV environments to V3, in order to test it properly
- We’ve been the first ones to go live with the new editor, in production, before anyone else.
Switching to BEE v3
From October 7, 2019, you can start testing BEE v3 by changing the version of the editor used by any BEE Plugin application.
To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Log into the BEE Plugin Developer Portal
- Select your application (start with a dev instance)
- If you need a new dev application, just create a new app
- Choose to enable BEE v3 and save that setting (image below)
- You’re done!
BEE Plugin v3 is compatible with the most popular web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Since it is based on cutting-edge web technologies, it doesn’t support outdated browsers such as Internet Explorer: when a user tries to start v3 with it, a friendly error message is shown, indicating that their browser is not supported.
According to our data, IE currently represents ~1% of BEE sessions. Please, let us know if your customers have restrictions that limit their browser choice to IE only.