- Co-editing: Allow multiple people to work at the same time on an email or a page. See in real-time who’s working and what are they editing.
- Column management: Add, remove and resize columns in existing rows.
- Reverse stacking on mobile: setting to stack columns in reverse order on mobile devices.
Learn more on Commenting, which enables visual collaboration in BEE Plugin.
October 21, 2020
- Center alignment for the Icons module now works in Outlook for desktop, if all the icons in the module have no “icon text”.
- Improved mobile rendering for messages containing non-responsive custom HTML blocks
- Improved mobile rendering for messages sent by systems that encode
>when post-processing CSS code
October 14, 2020
- Commenting: added userHandle option, so that users can manage only their own comments.
- Commenting: Submit button becomes disabled when a comment is resolved in Commenting.
- Commenting: improved support for dark themes
- Commenting: checkbox selection on filters persists
- Commenting: Avatar now correctly displays 3-letter initials
October 8, 2020
- Restored function to clean up damaged contents for corrupted templates.
- Added a fallback to an empty template, in case a corrupted template is loaded.
October 2, 2020
- AMP Carousel
A new content block to build image carousels with AMP.
September 28, 2020
Users of your application can leave comments while editing an email or a page. Other contributors can start discussion threads and resolve any thread where a consensus has been reached
September 21, 2020
- Developer portal: configure a CDN when using a custom AWS S3 Bucket
- Developer portal: new server-side settings for adding custom file manager limitations
- Developer portal: application details now report the data traffic generated when using BEE's default S3 Storage
- Developer portal: default storage now visible as regular option in application's configuration
September 18, 2020
- Fixed HTML block changes not firing OnChange event in some cases
- Fixed a behavior where it was difficult to select an HTML block in the editing stage
September 15, 2020
- Fixed a behavior where selecting a web font as default font causes the font dropdown to become empty
- Fixed a behavior where changing the width of a form did not have any effect
- Fixed an issue with decodeURI in mailto links
September 9, 2020
- Page Builder: new UI to add and remove fields in a Form content block
- Page Builder: rename fields and rearrange their order in a Form
- Page Builder: set the width in % for a Form
- When uploading a file with no extension, the file manager checks if it's a known image type and adds extension, when applicable
- Fixed Social media icons spacing not being consistent in some cases
- Fixed behavior where using Undo to revert all actions switches the toolbar to the Settings tab
- Fixed content blocks not inheriting link color picked in Settings tab
- Fixed link dialog elongating when editing an email link
- Fixed text cursor not visible when adding a new line in text block placed at the end of the template, with padding
- It is now possible to create links with target set to "None", when using custom HTML for anchor links
- Fixed behavior where setting web font as default font does not change the text blocks already part of the template
- Fixed behaviour where subject and body of mailto links are not processed correctly
- Fixed behavior where width slider is ignored when a new image is uploaded
August 27, 2020
- Form fields JSON schema now allows data-* attributes
- Fixed Social module icon spacing when left or right aligment is applied
- Fixed onChange code event for Special links' Content dialog
August 24, 2020
- Improved progress feedback when uploading multiple files in the File Manager
- Fixed a behavior where upload custom error messages in File Manager would not show
- Fixed empty text in button preventing from saving HTML
- Fixed text blocks not showing the latest content when template contains UUIDs
August 19, 2020
- Improved response time of File Manager for customers using Custom S3 Bucket
- Fixed Saved rows without name in metadata crashing the editor
- Fixed a behavior where Custom Addons producing HTML would remove Custom CSS
- Fixed a behavior where images added with a Custom AddOn were selectable when locked
- Fixed Color picker modal cut off when below 1171px
- Fixed a behavior where deleted text would still show up in preview and onSave callback
August 13, 2020
- Fixed an issue where locked text blocks inside an unlocked row could not be moved
- Fixed an issue where the clickable are around "Delete" links in Content properties was too wide
August 10, 2020
- Fixed hover color for rows, when using custom CSS
- Fixed links being clickable in locked text blocks
August 7, 2020
- Added Ukrainian language
- Maximum JSON size has been raised from 1MB to 2MB
- Fixed incorrect rendering of Menu separators in Outlook
- Fixed mobile rendering of Video blocks with borders in Outlook
- Fixed font fallback for Montserrat web font in Outlook
August 4, 2020
- Fixed Dynamic Content block missing when switching to v3
- Fixed missing CSS classes in v3 markup
- Fixed an issue with Gif and Stickers content width changing without user input
- Fixed an issue where File Manager didn't allow to name a New Folder when accessed from the Link Dialog Box
- Autosave in v3 now matches autosave behavior in v2
- Fixed unhandled promise rejection when image URL changes
- Fixed a behavior where File Manager didn't allow typing, when accessed from text toolbar
- Fixed an issue that caused to lose content when saving before onLoad
- Fixed Display conditions and File picker content dialog not passing args
- Fixed AddOns not inheriting permissions from module type
- Fixed Custom Rows losing
- Fixed image module in sidebar sometimes causing errors and slowness
July 28, 2020
- Fixed line-height miscalculation and invisible column borders in Outlook
- Fixed padding miscalculation for Icons block
- Fixed an issue with
codetags not being removed
July 10, 2020
- Improved onChange events for Text and Button blocks
- Restored onTogglePreview callback
- Fixed an issue with Social sharing URLs
- Fixed an issue with the Image block corrupting the template under certain circumstances
- Fixed wrong parameter name for
- Fixed the default value for Dynamic content block
July 8, 2020
- Fixed an issue with Custom Rows potentially having the same identifier in the editor
- Fixed a behavior when locked rows could be deleted
mailto:repeated in Social block
- Normalized markup in modules from Custom rows
- Restored OnChange event for Special links
- Fixed an issue with column background not being fully displayed in the editing stage
- Fixed an issue with Custom HTML inside Merge Tags not displayed correctly in the editor
July 1, 2020
- Fixed an issue when image was instantly added to the module after File Manager upload
- Fixed onChange event missing after Special link was selected from modal window
- Disabled internal anchors in TinyMCE for email
June 29, 2020
- Icons block: create common layouts mixing icons and text, such as star ratings, bullet lists, properties, etc.
- Menu block: Add text-based navigation UI in an email, as external links, or in a web page, either as internal (anchors) or external links.
defaultContentsmanagement for Form, Icons and Menu blocks
- Improved custom CSS experience for FileManager
- Fixed a potential issue in executing the onLoad callback under some circumstances
- Fixed an incorrect management of files deletion in the File Manager
- Fixed an issue where the text toolbar sometimes positioned over text and button blocks
- Fixed a potential issue in the preview of messages with similar display conditions
- Fixed an issue with multiple notifications of the same type
May 28, 2020
- Multi-user in Developer portal: invite users to your Developer Portal account
- 2FA in Developer portal: activate two-factor authentication via mobile app tokens
May 07, 2020
- Content defaults: define how content looks by default when dragged in the editor
May 04, 2020
- Single forms passed via configuration object are now correctly rendered
- Changed the word-break CSS rule to `break-word` for "Pages" parser, so that words would not be truncated arbitrarily on mobile device
April 23, 2020
- Advanced permissions: complete control on what a user can do in the application
April 17, 2020
- CSAPI (formerly MSAPI) for Pages is now live and can be used via semantic URL.
April 16, 2020
- Fixed a Minified error when loading Saved Rows that contained merge contents
- Fixed an issue with the File Manager where the highlight color is not visible on the top or bottom of the card
- Removed the large amount of white space in the File Manager when in List view
- Fixed the incorrect height calculation of the sidebar when viewing the rows properties panel
- Fixed the white border between two rows when min-height is less than 5px
April 9, 2020
- OnChange will now fire on blur Social Input field
- 404 or 401 errors on language files will no longer occur
- Hovering a mouse over a row will no longer improperly show a tooltip
- Merge tag formatting at certain screen resolutions has been fixed
- Merge tag autocomplete modal will now close properly when clicked off of
- The sidepanel break point has been changed to 1024px, same behavior as in v2
- The text toolbar will no longer hide under the side panel at small widths
March 26, 2020
- Page Builder is now live
- Page Builder | Certain images and videos will no longer have infinite height
- Page Builder | ContentDialog button in Form sidebar widget is working as intended
March 12, 2020
- Giphy API search requests now have a longer timeout period
- Saving a GIF from the Giphy Add-On in a saved row now works correctly
- Certain Custom Rows will no longer crash the plugin
- Links with more than one "http" will no longer be shortened
- Google cookies are now disabled when tracking is disabled
- Custom Rows will no longer lose their display conditions
- Custom Rows with background-image on the container now show the correct background-image
- Italic stylings will no longer cut characters in some instances
- Add-On modals will now display properly when not full screen
February 26, 2020
- New AddOns: Giphy
- Link color will now update properly when entered manually
- Text toolbar width for minimum message width has been readjusted to fit properly
- Icons for add-on events in message history will now display properly
February 20, 2020
- The language config parameter will now load non-EN languages properly
- Using Montserrat font will no longer produce invalid HTML
- Dragging content between two rows will now properly display the "Drag it here" CSS
- Dragging a button or text module will no longer cause the instance to scroll to the bottom
- Using "Sent Test" while in "Preview" will no longer cause an infinite load
- The v3 toolbar is now properly visible in Free plans
- The save button in the toolbar is now properly aligned in all cases
- Social icons are now properly aligned in all cases
- New 3, 6, 3 grid combination for Custom Rows
February 13, 2020
- New feature: AddOns
- Disabling a custom theme will now properly remove all stylings of the theme
- Autocomplete is now working as intended
- Rows are now properly selectable when "Show Structure" is toggled
February 11, 2020
- Changing the theme duplicated social media icon blocks will no longer affect others
- Default value of merge content in custom content blocks is now set to first custom content string
- An empty merge content callback button should no longer appear if you have not set it
- The header in v3 is now X-BEE instead of BEE-X
- Social media icon padding will no longer break when right-aligned
- The saveRows variable in config will now work properly
February 3, 2020
- togglePreview re-added to v3
- Deleting a display condition now shows up properly in history
- Images with no/invalid names can now be uploaded properly
January 15, 2020
- Fixed non-persistence in JSON of fullWidthOnMobile and autoWidth flags in some cases
- Fixed non-persistence in JSON of real sizes of custom social icons
- Added Romanian language
January 9, 2020
- Fixed bug on button links
- Color Picker has a new positioning logic and a new style
- Fixed bugs on locked rows that caused them to remain editable
- Added Dutch language
December 16, 2019
- Dynamic content blocks now render HTML properly
- Added a fallback empty value in case of missing "alt" tag in images
- Fixed an issue with links inside text blocks, images, buttons and social icon; now they will be inserted in the final HTML as they are, without any encoding/sanitization
- Fixed a small bug with the use of “<” char in text blocks if immediately followed by an alphanumeric character that was interpreted as an HTML tag
- Fixed the declaration for the “border-collapse” CSS rule in social icons HTML table
December 2, 2019
- BEE Plugin v3 is now live on beefree.io and for all our customers on BEE Pro
November 18, 2019
- BEE Plugin npm Package update to 1.2.0
October 23, 2019
- BEE Plugin npm Package update to 1.1.1
October 7, 2019
- Now possible to switch to BEE Plugin version 3 in the Developer Portal
September 27, 2019
- The Message Services API is now available on all paid plans, and free to use until October 31, 2019. It used to be a Gold plan-only feature, but many customers had asked us to increase its availability.
September 17, 2019
- New and more accurate calculation for line-height of text content blocks
July 10, 2019
- Smaller HTML footprint
We reduced the size of the HTML source code produced by BEE. Results vary based on the overall size of the email, but on average in our tests we saw a ~15% decrease in size.
June 19, 2019
- Parser performance optimizations.
An update to the BEE Plugin HTML parser that delivers better scalability and a ~50% performance improvement in the response time.
May 22, 2019
- Support for Gmail promotions markup (Schema.org microdata) in the HTML content block.
- In some cases, line returns in the text component disappeared when editing a saved message.
- A bug with the validation in the Custom S3 bucket form.
April 29, 2019
April 06, 2019
- Annual plans
Switch to annual and save 10%. Accessible via an improved Developers Portal.
- Hide on desktop
We improved the existing "Hide on mobile" widget to hide the content in desktop devices too. More details.
- Refresh API keys
You can now safely regenerate your BEE Plugin API keys in the updated Developers Portal, on the subscription details page.
- Email address update
Update the email address that you used to sign up directly in your Developers Portal account.
- Email accessibility
We made changes to the HTML produced by BEE so that it is more accessible.
- An issue with video content not stretching at 100% width on mobile.
- An issue that prevented custom social icons from being removed in IE.
- A problem with the encoding of double quotes in image alt text.
February 21, 2019
- Custom social icon
Users can now add their own custom icons and images in the Social content block.
- New row types
4 new Rows with additional column structures, adding more layout flexibility (now 10 column structures in total).
- All Undo and Redo events are now tracked by the onChange callback.
- Optimized CSS loading when using web fonts.
- Fixed a bug related to HTML creation when a $ character was included as part of a placeholder or conditional syntax.
- Fixed a bug related to Display Conditions based on HTML comments syntax.
- Buttons in Custom Rows now use a standard translation term when no text is provided.
- Fixed an encoding issue with the characters "<" and ">" when added to a Text Block.
- Fixed rendering issues with the background color in multi-column layouts in Outlook.
- Fixed an issue with the creation of mailto links in the Social content block.
January 22, 2019
- The impossibility to use angled-bracket tags inside text blocks.
- An issue that caused row display conditions to be rendered incorrectly.
- Small issue with column background in multi-column layouts for Outlook desktop clients.
- Minor layout issues in Thunderbird, regarding social icons split across two rows, in some specific cases.
- Minor layout issues in Office365, regarding misalignment between multi-columns and single-colum layout, in some specific cases.
December 19, 2018
- Hosts can now disable Google Analytics in BEE Plugin
Collecting anonymous usage data helps us develop a better product by assessing locations, devices, browsers, etc. You can now turn it off, if you need to. Read more about our service options.
- "Delete cannot be undone" warning no longer showing when UNDO is active, since the action can indeed be undone ;-)
- The editor is no longer unloaded when an image is erroneously dragged outside an image block. It now simply ignores the action.
- Added support for multiline text in buttons.
- Updated the recently introduced image editor to resize itself automatically based on the browser window's size.
- Improved the font selection in the image editor to provide a better experience in small screens
- Technology update for the JSON to HTML parsing engine.
- An issue with auto-width buttons that, in some cases, used a fixed width.
- Problems to manage icons in the social module when using IE 11.
- A filtering issue with saved rows that shared the same row name.
- "Locked row" parameter not working correctly in saved rows.
- Dynamic images with no file extension failing to upload successfully.
- Tel protocol in links not supporting # and * symbols.
- Wrong width calculation in buttons that caused them to be larger in the HTML.
- Social content block rendering issues on Huawei devices.
- Wrong padding displayed in Outlook (only in some cases).
- Transparent buttons displaying with white background in Outlook desktop.
December 05, 2018
- Optimized the file size of the images created with the image editor
- Transparent images support in the image editor
- Issues in the image editor with file names containing spaces
- Image editor not working on IE11/Edge
November 27, 2018
- Save Rows
Let your users save and re-use message rows to speed up content creation. Read more.
A new event fired when the preview is opened or closed by the user. Read more.
- Image editor
Replaced the Creative SDK Image Editor UI (deprecated) with an integrated tool. Read more.
- Background color support for buttons when using the Simplified Row Schema with Custom Rows. Read more.
- Improved resource loading speed.
- Support for long text strings in the merge tags selection.
- Changes just applied to a text block at times were lost when the message was saved immediately after.
October 23, 2018
- Disable the HTML sanitize service in the HTML content block
A new option to remove all the restrictions on what the users can add inside the custom HTML content block. Read more
- Support for Slovenian language
- Solved a problem with the custom rows text search that excluded rows with the same name
- Fixed an issue with promises in Internet Explorer
September 12, 2018
- onWarning callback
The onWarning callback returns information about a soft error that doesn’t impact the normal usage of the editor. You can use this callback to track these errors, display a message or change any behavior in your application. Read more
- We added support for text color, button color, and row background color in the custom rows schema. Read more
- The video content now applies the 16/9 cover when available
- When a template is loaded, previous dialogs are automatically closed
- Issue with text line-height when applying a link
- Now the Apply effects & more button is disabled when no image is selected
- Scroll performance issue with Chrome for Mac
- Button links URL not being correctly saved
August 13, 2018
- onChange callback
Be notified programmatically of any changes made by the user. Read more.
Let your users undo and redo recent changes. Read more.
- Placeholders are now allowed as text mailto links
- Improved the scroll behavior when the message height changes
- An issue that duplicated custom rows keys when filtering hidden items
- Text block editing issues after loading content through a content dialog
- Angle brackets not managed correctly when used as merge tag syntax in beeConfig
- Promise errors tracked in the console log when a template is loaded
July 27, 2018
- Support for Norwegian (Bokmål) language
- Performance improvements
- Mailto links on buttons add an extra space between protocol and email address
- Improved the responsiveness of the scroll bar
- Custom fonts not being initialized till used
July 18, 2018
- Support for date/time format based on culture info
Date and time are displayed based on the culture information from the language code.
- Angle brackets are now supported when used in merge tags or special links.
- Subscript characters are now available in the text toolbar.
- Delay in the application of changes when using the image editor
June 21, 2018
- Content dialog for custom rows
Extend custom rows by allowing users to find, build & import them while they create their messages. Read more.
May 31, 2018
- New JSON version. The BUMP service is now migrating the loaded JSON to the latest version. Read more about template update.
- Import from external source in file manager is now an option. You can decide if this feature is shown in the editor. Check the available options.
- Image editor ('Apply effects & more') in image module is now an option. You can now decide if this feature is shown in the editor. Check the available options.
- Improvement that return contextual errors when the JSON to HTML process can't be handled
- Your subscription ID is now available in the developer portal to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fixed a duplicated call to the BUMP service when loading a template.
- Fixed width problems in the video content.
May 02, 2018
- New option for your custom FSP API integration: Enable 'file overwrite' warning message.
- Images are delivered through CDN when using our default file storage.
- Added some new font sizes in the text editor.
- Changed some HTML elements to work properly with the last versions of Chrome.
- Line height was not applying to lists.
- An issue that caused custom save actions not to save some text applied through a content dialog function.
April 25, 2018
- Custom content
Let your users drag & drop into a message custom content that you passed to the editor (products, blog articles, real estate listings, events, etc.). Read more.
March 23, 2018
- New file manager layout
A new grid view with bigger thumbnails and important usability improvements.
- FSP error custom messages
Errors returned from a custom FSP API will be displayed in the editor with custom messages.
- Romanian language
- CSS optimizations that decrease the loading time.
- An issue when applying hide on mobile to existing templates.
- JSON corruption due to hidden characters in text content.
- Issue when pasting video URLs in the video content.
- The scroll bar in Chrome was not active (displayed) before the user scrolled down the message.
March 06, 2018
- Hide on mobile
Hide specific content elements on mobile devices.
- Developer portal options
UI improvement that allows you to browse all the plugin options, also when they are not available in your subscription plan.
- Issues with Video content width when the general message width is updated.
- An extra parameter that caused a false validation error in the BUMP endpoint.
February 21, 2018
- HTML parser error when the message contained an empty video content block
February 12, 2018
- Issues when applying a link to long texts or more than one paragraph.
- Incorrect image content height when using it with small images.
- Error caused when the user clicks on the ESC key while dragging an element.
- Issue when a paragraph was pasted as a button text, triggering an HTML generation error.
February 01, 2018
- Multi-file upload
Support for multiple file upload in the file manager.
- Height option in the transparent divider
This options allows you to use a single divider to better control empty spaces in the message design.
- An issue when applying a video URL and selecting another element before the image is loaded.
- An issue with 100% width buttons when saving an existing message.
January 31, 2018
- Content dialog
A feature to extend merge tags, special links, dynamic content and display conditions using your own UI (e.g. search for a link). Read more.
January 10, 2018
- Video content
Users can enter a YouTube or Vimeo video URL, the editor grabs a frame that is publicly available (i.e. an image), overlays a play button on it (whose style the user can partially edit), and adds it to the message/page as an image, linked to the video. Read more.
- Rendering issue: a divider height issue created extra vertical space in some scenarios.
- Rendering issue: conversion from px to pt as unit in VML tags to solve Outlook issues in hi-res displays.
- Rendering issue: addressed a problem with fallback fonts in Outlook desktop clients.
- A problem to select Customer HTML content block with no height or full width links.
- A text alignment issue in Internet Explorer.
- Wrong position of a row when placed below the original position.
- Reset of the "Target" field in text links.
- Unnecessary horizontal scrollbar showing in merge tags dialog.
- An issue with message vs images proportions when the message width was changed.
- An issue with the property panel incorrectly displaying the image size slider as enabled in some scenarios.
- A language issue in the text toolbar.
January 08, 2018
- The BUMP endpoint returns more information with the error messages to help troubleshooting tasks. Read more