Stay Ahead of the Game: Check Out Our Redesigned Updates Page!
Keep up with the latest BEE Plugin releases by visiting our brand-new updates page.
November 30th, 2022
- Commenting | Can't select thread when comment on the entire message
- Commenting | Invalid comment property when row is deleted
October 27th, 2022
- Fix for row property “do not stack on mobile” default value
- Extra parameter for Merge Contents contentDialog
- TinyMCE language support for Chinese Traditional
October 13th, 2022
September 7th, 2022
- Vertical Align
- Co-edit: Undo/redo for single-user sessions
- Link underline with copy/paste
September 5th, 2022
- Icon & label misalignment in HTML pages
- List Content Block
- Improved line-height accuracy in Outlook desktop clients
- “Thumbnail” preview for videos in HTML pages
- Social Media icons misalignment on mobile when “hide on desktop” is active
August 10, 2022
- Already visited links now display a different color
- Fixed a bug where the maxUploadFileSize Advanced Permission would get ignored
- Tooltip now displays correctly when browsing the File Manager
- Deleting a video URL now correctly removes the video preview from the template
July 21, 2022
- Button font-size change on old templates
- Saved Rows on Mobile style: Style is null with some saved rows
July 14, 2022
- Custom AddOn - Mixed Content Type
- Content area borders and border radius
- Mobile Design Mode updates
June 15, 2022
- The desktop version of Windows Outlook now displays columns with a maximum border size of 8 pixels.
- On mobile devices, form buttons are now a consistent width.
- When "reverse stacking" is enabled, the column borders display correctly.
- HTML blocks issues with left-alignment messages on iOS.
- Row display conditions preview.
- We now allow double quotes in links.
- Columns with thicker borders (>8 px) now have the same height regardless of the content length.
May 30, 2022
- Copy & Paste
- Issues with hyperlinks inside the text editor
May 26, 2022
- Control link type and validation of telephone number/SMS
- Pre-filled message inside SMS link type
- Divider block minimum height set to 1px
- Undo changes: History issues
- Missing "contentDefaults" for some Form properties
May 16, 2022
- Letters Spacing in Text Block is Off in Preview
- Popup Builder: Bullet list doesn't show correctly in a Text block
- Make "hide on" classes always available in "head"
- Desktop view: Issues with row background color width
April 28, 2022
- An improved version of Commenting is now live
- Stock video search
- Browser frozen when undoing a saved row with images inside
April 27, 2022
- Complex links are not encoded anymore in final HTML
- Checkboxes in forms are now correctly submitted to the target page in case of field type change
- Text wrapping in custom HTML blocks is now set as the other content blocks in the exported HTML
- Buttons now show font-weight setting correctly in final HTML
- Form buttons width is now displayed correctly on mobile devices
- Thick borders (>8px) on columns now don't cause content to overflow in the exported HTML
- AMP validation doesn't throw in exported messages
- CSS for popups now doesn't override hosting page's tags
April 13, 2022
- Editor crash when editing link text in the menu content block
- Saved rows duplicates in custom category
April 7, 2022
- Added text-align Justify for Paragraph and Title blocks
- ImageEditor doesn't close after click on "SAVE"
- Better support for compound emojis in text content blocks
March 31, 2022
- Edit Single Row is now live
- Full Body Background and Row Background Image Improvements are now live
- Improved loading for very large templates with many text blocks
- Alignment and wrapping of labels in list content blocks (in the HTML)
- Small text for some messages on Outlook mobile and Gmail Android
- Forms: Checkbox visualization in presence of a long label
- Forms: Side Label Position display
- Custom Attributes in Text Block Altered in JSON/HTML Output
March 25, 2022
- Adjusted default text for empty rows when content space is limited
- Fixed an issue that added a placeholder span tag to text blocks when pasting text or adding special chars/emoji
March 10, 2022
- Dark Mode Preview is now live
- Fixed issue with being unable to use the draggable scroll in font dropdown of text toolbar
- Fixed issue with toolbar display at minimum height requirements
- Made changing heading types in Title Blocks more consistent
- Fixed issue with two stacked block titles being truncated
- Fixed issue with being able to create non-list items in List blocks
- Fixed issue with List block types changing on text deletion
- Fixed issue with certain color names in Form Fields throwing application errors
February 24, 2022
- The new List Content Block is now live
- The new Paragraph Content Block is now live
- Font Weights for Button, Title, Paragraph and List is now live
- Non-breaking Space tool for Button, Title, Paragraph and List blocks is now live
- Fixed Smart Merge Tag rendering in saved rows
- Fixed mention menu for Title block
February 17, 2022
- Misalignments between fields and labels in forms block
- Fields height in the HTML now matches the ones in the stage
- Placeholder text in forms now matches the color of the text
- Checkboxes, radio buttons and select now set and inherit all the properties correctly
- Line height discrepancy between free text and bullet point lists
- Squared outline video play button now displays correctly
- "hide on desktop" feature in outlook is now fixed for all content blocks
January 20, 2022
- Row Background Video is now live for Page and Popup Builders
January 18, 2022
- onChange callback not triggered on clone/delete immediately after open new template
- Title block stops working when there is no content
- Video block play icon not centered
- Hide on AMP visible when turned off
- Block ID doesn't trigger onChange callback
- All merge tags are capitalized
- trackChanges override regression
- Added context to content dialog args for links
- Leading/trailing spaces trimmed from links
- Fixed issues resizing the height and width of preview
November 4, 2021
October 26, 2021
October 12, 2021
- We've now updated our HTML generation service to HTML 3.0, with completely redone code, better rendering and ~56% reduced size!
August 25, 2021
- Popup builder is now live
August 12, 2021
- Smart Merge Tags: Improve the UX for using personalized content in BEE by introducing merge tags highlighting, and sample content both during editing and preview.
- Collapsible sidebar for the Email Builder
- Emoji picker for text editor inside text blocks, buttons and titles
- New social icons for TikTok, Tripadvisor and WhatsApp
July 8, 2021
- Reload Plugin Configuration: apply configuration changes on-the-fly, without interrupting the editing session or reloading the editor
- Load Custom Rows: a new method to load custom rows from your user interface
- Favicon: When creating a page in Page Builder, users can now set a Favicon.
April 21, 2021
- Hide Row: Decide to hide an entire row either on desktop or mobile
March 26, 2021
- Added Custom CSS classes for Mobile Design Mode UI elements
- Fixed missing text for icon tooltips in File Manager
March 16, 2021
- Images added via a Custom AddOn are now aligned correctly in the HTML output.
March 11, 2021
- Mobile design mode
Users can move between a desktop and a mobile view to instantly visualize how content looks on mobile and make changes.
- Various fixes to Custom attributes & Mentions in Commenting
- Fixed a behavior where the URL input for hosted video in Page Builder did not accept entries
- Fixed a behavior where Merge tags added through a Content dialog would appear twice
March 4, 2021
- Commenting: mentions can now be implemented, so that end-users can tag and involve other contributors.
- Commenting: a new method is available to generate a link to a specific comment, which can be used for notifications.
- Minor fixes to the Commenting feature
February 18, 2021
- Letter-spacing: expand design possibilities for text elements by defining a custom value for the space between letters.
- Fixed a behavior where the sidebar would not reset to the initial state when loading a new template.
- Fixed alignment issues when using text on multiple lines with Icons block.
- The Content dialog for Custom Attributes now uses the label defined.
- Fixed a situation with Outlook clients where buttons would be rendered with 0px height.
- Removed Google+ from Social Icons
January 28, 2021
- Page Builder: change field type inside a Form block, including defining values for single/multiple choice fields.
- Added Hungarian language
- Custom CSS selector class available for block icon when dragging to the stage
- Fixed a behavior where content of an HTML block is overwritten, when switching between multiple HTML blocks
- The mobile menu widget in the sidebar now looks correct with screen resolutions below 1300px
- Fixed an issue where the color picker would not update correctly when moving between columns in the sidebar
- Reverted default for alternate text in images to blank
- Fixed encoding for mailto: URLs
- Added the translation label in the preview for Display conditions
- Fixed a situation where Font-families were not added to webFonts in the JSON
- AMP widgets no longer visible in Title block when AMP is not configured
- Fixed an issue when configuring an AddOn
January 21, 2021
- Custom attributes: apply attributes to link and images, to enrich the HTML tags produced by BEE - e.g. special tags, custom CSS classes, deep linking, etc.
January 14, 2021
- Title block: new content block to add text with H1,H2,H3 styles tags - essential for email and web accessibility, and for SEO on web pages.
- Fixed the onSave method loading spinner
December 17, 2020
- Added version to the onChange callback when using Co-editing.
- Loading dialog no longer shows up when using the Reload method.
- Fixed an incorrect behavior where the Reload method would not accept a template.
- All editor CTAs now have a default color, in case a Theme or Custom CSS is not used.
- Custom rows no longer have Row background image toggle enabled by default.
- When adding a merge tag to an empty text block, the selected font type is now applied.
December 2, 2020
- Developer Portal: upgrade development versions to any paid plan for free and try new features.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the toggle for reverse stacking on mobile inside an application's configuration.
- Fixed a row permissions conflict when using Advanced permissions and User roles at the same time.
November 19, 2020
- Text blocks now support copying and pasting links.
- Fixed CSS for form padding.
November 12, 2020
Allow multiple people to work at the same time on an email or a page. See in real-time who’s working and what are they editing.
- "Reverse stack on mobile" and "Do not stack on mobile" can no longer be toggled on at the same time.
- Content area alignment now has "CENTER" as default value.
- Fixed a situation where undesired paddings between rows in Stage would appear.
November 10, 2020
- Content area alignment: setting to align the whole body of an email or page to the left or center.
November 3, 2020
onCommentcallback for Commenting feature now returns the full JSON (template + comments)
Commentingconfiguration parameter to disable Commenting for specific users
- The default SAVE button now returns comments and page version
October 28, 2020
- File Picker will not store cookies when anonymous usage tracking is disabled for the application
- Fixed a behavior in the preview where, if the template is wider than the viewport, it would not display correctly.
October 26, 2020
- Column management: Add, remove and resize columns in existing rows.
- Reverse stacking on mobile: setting to stack columns in reverse order on mobile devices.
October 21, 2020
- Center alignment for the Icons module now works in Outlook for desktop, if all the icons in the module have no “icon text”.
- Improved mobile rendering for messages containing non-responsive custom HTML blocks
- Improved mobile rendering for messages sent by systems that encode
>when post-processing CSS code
October 14, 2020
- Commenting: added userHandle option, so that users can manage only their own comments.
- Commenting: Submit button becomes disabled when a comment is resolved in Commenting.
- Commenting: improved support for dark themes
- Commenting: checkbox selection on filters persists
- Commenting: Avatar now correctly displays 3-letter initials
October 8, 2020
- Restored function to clean up damaged contents for corrupted templates.
- Added a fallback to an empty template, in case a corrupted template is loaded.
October 2, 2020
- AMP Carousel
A new content block to build image carousels with AMP.
September 28, 2020
Users of your application can leave comments while editing an email or a page. Other contributors can start discussion threads and resolve any thread where a consensus has been reached
September 21, 2020
- Developer portal: configure a CDN when using a custom AWS S3 Bucket
- Developer portal: new server-side settings for adding custom file manager limitations
- Developer portal: application details now report the data traffic generated when using BEE's default S3 Storage
- Developer portal: default storage now visible as regular option in application's configuration
September 18, 2020
- Fixed HTML block changes not firing OnChange event in some cases
- Fixed a behavior where it was difficult to select an HTML block in the editing stage
September 15, 2020
- Fixed a behavior where selecting a web font as default font causes the font dropdown to become empty
- Fixed a behavior where changing the width of a form did not have any effect
- Fixed an issue with decodeURI in mailto links
September 9, 2020
- Page Builder: new UI to add and remove fields in a Form content block
- Page Builder: rename fields and rearrange their order in a Form
- Page Builder: set the width in % for a Form
- When uploading a file with no extension, the file manager checks if it's a known image type and adds extension, when applicable
- Fixed Social media icons spacing not being consistent in some cases
- Fixed behavior where using Undo to revert all actions switches the toolbar to the Settings tab
- Fixed content blocks not inheriting link color picked in Settings tab
- Fixed link dialog elongating when editing an email link
- Fixed text cursor not visible when adding a new line in text block placed at the end of the template, with padding
- It is now possible to create links with target set to "None", when using custom HTML for anchor links
- Fixed behavior where setting web font as default font does not change the text blocks already part of the template
- Fixed behaviour where subject and body of mailto links are not processed correctly
- Fixed behavior where width slider is ignored when a new image is uploaded
August 27, 2020
- Form fields JSON schema now allows data-* attributes
- Fixed Social module icon spacing when left or right aligment is applied
- Fixed onChange code event for Special links' Content dialog
August 24, 2020
- Improved progress feedback when uploading multiple files in the File Manager
- Fixed a behavior where upload custom error messages in File Manager would not show
- Fixed empty text in button preventing from saving HTML
- Fixed text blocks not showing the latest content when template contains UUIDs
August 19, 2020
- Improved response time of File Manager for customers using Custom S3 Bucket
- Fixed Saved rows without name in metadata crashing the editor
- Fixed a behavior where Custom Addons producing HTML would remove Custom CSS
- Fixed a behavior where images added with a Custom AddOn were selectable when locked
- Fixed Color picker modal cut off when below 1171px
- Fixed a behavior where deleted text would still show up in preview and onSave callback
August 13, 2020
- Fixed an issue where locked text blocks inside an unlocked row could not be moved
- Fixed an issue where the clickable are around "Delete" links in Content properties was too wide
August 10, 2020
- Fixed hover color for rows, when using custom CSS
- Fixed links being clickable in locked text blocks
August 7, 2020
- Added Ukrainian language
- Maximum JSON size has been raised from 1MB to 2MB
- Fixed incorrect rendering of Menu separators in Outlook
- Fixed mobile rendering of Video blocks with borders in Outlook
- Fixed font fallback for Montserrat web font in Outlook
August 4, 2020
- Fixed Dynamic Content block missing when switching to v3
- Fixed missing CSS classes in v3 markup
- Fixed an issue with Gif and Stickers content width changing without user input
- Fixed an issue where File Manager didn't allow to name a New Folder when accessed from the Link Dialog Box
- Autosave in v3 now matches autosave behavior in v2
- Fixed unhandled promise rejection when image URL changes
- Fixed a behavior where File Manager didn't allow typing, when accessed from text toolbar
- Fixed an issue that caused to lose content when saving before onLoad
- Fixed Display conditions and File picker content dialog not passing args
- Fixed AddOns not inheriting permissions from module type
- Fixed Custom Rows losing
- Fixed image module in sidebar sometimes causing errors and slowness
July 28, 2020
- Fixed line-height miscalculation and invisible column borders in Outlook
- Fixed padding miscalculation for Icons block
- Fixed an issue with
codetags not being removed
July 10, 2020
- Improved onChange events for Text and Button blocks
- Restored onTogglePreview callback
- Fixed an issue with Social sharing URLs
- Fixed an issue with the Image block corrupting the template under certain circumstances
- Fixed wrong parameter name for
- Fixed the default value for Dynamic content block
July 8, 2020
- Fixed an issue with Custom Rows potentially having the same identifier in the editor
- Fixed a behavior when locked rows could be deleted
mailto:repeated in Social block
- Normalized markup in modules from Custom rows
- Restored OnChange event for Special links
- Fixed an issue with column background not being fully displayed in the editing stage
- Fixed an issue with Custom HTML inside Merge Tags not displayed correctly in the editor
July 1, 2020
- Fixed an issue when image was instantly added to the module after File Manager upload
- Fixed onChange event missing after Special link was selected from modal window
- Disabled internal anchors in TinyMCE for email
June 29, 2020
- Icons block: create common layouts mixing icons and text, such as star ratings, bullet lists, properties, etc.
- Menu block: Add text-based navigation UI in an email, as external links, or in a web page, either as internal (anchors) or external links.
defaultContentsmanagement for Form, Icons and Menu blocks
- Improved custom CSS experience for FileManager
- Fixed a potential issue in executing the onLoad callback under some circumstances
- Fixed an incorrect management of files deletion in the File Manager
- Fixed an issue where the text toolbar sometimes positioned over text and button blocks
- Fixed a potential issue in the preview of messages with similar display conditions
- Fixed an issue with multiple notifications of the same type
May 28, 2020
- Multi-user in Developer portal: invite users to your Developer Portal account
- 2FA in Developer portal: activate two-factor authentication via mobile app tokens
May 07, 2020
- Content defaults: define how content looks by default when dragged in the editor
May 04, 2020
- Single forms passed via configuration object are now correctly rendered
- Changed the word-break CSS rule to `break-word` for "Pages" parser, so that words would not be truncated arbitrarily on mobile device
April 23, 2020
- Advanced permissions: complete control on what a user can do in the application
April 17, 2020
- CSAPI (formerly MSAPI) for Pages is now live and can be used via semantic URL.
April 16, 2020
- Fixed a Minified error when loading Saved Rows that contained merge contents
- Fixed an issue with the File Manager where the highlight color is not visible on the top or bottom of the card
- Removed the large amount of white space in the File Manager when in List view
- Fixed the incorrect height calculation of the sidebar when viewing the rows properties panel
- Fixed the white border between two rows when min-height is less than 5px
April 9, 2020
- OnChange will now fire on blur Social Input field
- 404 or 401 errors on language files will no longer occur
- Hovering a mouse over a row will no longer improperly show a tooltip
- Merge tag formatting at certain screen resolutions has been fixed
- Merge tag autocomplete modal will now close properly when clicked off of
- The sidepanel break point has been changed to 1024px, same behavior as in v2
- The text toolbar will no longer hide under the side panel at small widths
March 26, 2020
- Page Builder is now live
- Page Builder | Certain images and videos will no longer have infinite height
- Page Builder | ContentDialog button in Form sidebar widget is working as intended
March 12, 2020
- Giphy API search requests now have a longer timeout period
- Saving a GIF from the Giphy Add-On in a saved row now works correctly
- Certain Custom Rows will no longer crash the plugin
- Links with more than one "http" will no longer be shortened
- Google cookies are now disabled when tracking is disabled
- Custom Rows will no longer lose their display conditions
- Custom Rows with background-image on the container now show the correct background-image
- Italic stylings will no longer cut characters in some instances
- Add-On modals will now display properly when not full screen
February 26, 2020
- New AddOns: Giphy
- Link color will now update properly when entered manually
- Text toolbar width for minimum message width has been readjusted to fit properly
- Icons for add-on events in message history will now display properly
February 20, 2020
- The language config parameter will now load non-EN languages properly
- Using Montserrat font will no longer produce invalid HTML
- Dragging content between two rows will now properly display the "Drag it here" CSS
- Dragging a button or text module will no longer cause the instance to scroll to the bottom
- Using "Sent Test" while in "Preview" will no longer cause an infinite load
- The v3 toolbar is now properly visible in Free plans
- The save button in the toolbar is now properly aligned in all cases
- Social icons are now properly aligned in all cases
- New 3, 6, 3 grid combination for Custom Rows
February 13, 2020
- New feature: AddOns
- Disabling a custom theme will now properly remove all stylings of the theme
- Autocomplete is now working as intended
- Rows are now properly selectable when "Show Structure" is toggled
February 11, 2020
- Changing the theme duplicated social media icon blocks will no longer affect others
- Default value of merge content in custom content blocks is now set to first custom content string
- An empty merge content callback button should no longer appear if you have not set it
- The header in v3 is now X-BEE instead of BEE-X
- Social media icon padding will no longer break when right-aligned
- The saveRows variable in config will now work properly
February 3, 2020
- togglePreview re-added to v3
- Deleting a display condition now shows up properly in history
- Images with no/invalid names can now be uploaded properly
January 15, 2020
- Fixed non-persistence in JSON of fullWidthOnMobile and autoWidth flags in some cases
- Fixed non-persistence in JSON of real sizes of custom social icons
- Added Romanian language
January 9, 2020
- Fixed bug on button links
- Color Picker has a new positioning logic and a new style
- Fixed bugs on locked rows that caused them to remain editable
- Added Dutch language
December 16, 2019
- Dynamic content blocks now render HTML properly
- Added a fallback empty value in case of missing "alt" tag in images
- Fixed an issue with links inside text blocks, images, buttons and social icon; now they will be inserted in the final HTML as they are, without any encoding/sanitization
- Fixed a small bug with the use of “<” char in text blocks if immediately followed by an alphanumeric character that was interpreted as an HTML tag
- Fixed the declaration for the “border-collapse” CSS rule in social icons HTML table
December 2, 2019
- BEE Plugin v3 is now live on beefree.io and for all our customers on BEE Pro
November 18, 2019
- BEE Plugin npm Package update to 1.2.0
October 23, 2019
- BEE Plugin npm Package update to 1.1.1
October 7, 2019
- Now possible to switch to BEE Plugin version 3 in the Developer Portal
September 27, 2019
- The Message Services API is now available on all paid plans, and free to use until October 31, 2019. It used to be a Gold plan-only feature, but many customers had asked us to increase its availability.
September 17, 2019
- New and more accurate calculation for line-height of text content blocks
July 10, 2019
- Smaller HTML footprint
We reduced the size of the HTML source code produced by BEE. Results vary based on the overall size of the email, but on average in our tests we saw a ~15% decrease in size.
June 19, 2019
- Parser performance optimizations.
An update to the BEE Plugin HTML parser that delivers better scalability and a ~50% performance improvement in the response time.
May 22, 2019
- Support for Gmail promotions markup (Schema.org microdata) in the HTML content block.
- In some cases, line returns in the text component disappeared when editing a saved message.
- A bug with the validation in the Custom S3 bucket form.
April 29, 2019
April 06, 2019
- Annual plans
Switch to annual and save 10%. Accessible via an improved Developers Portal.
- Hide on desktop
We improved the existing "Hide on mobile" widget to hide the content in desktop devices too. More details.
- Refresh API keys
You can now safely regenerate your BEE Plugin API keys in the updated Developers Portal, on the subscription details page.
- Email address update
Update the email address that you used to sign up directly in your Developers Portal account.
- Email accessibility
We made changes to the HTML produced by BEE so that it is more accessible.
- An issue with video content not stretching at 100% width on mobile.
- An issue that prevented custom social icons from being removed in IE.
- A problem with the encoding of double quotes in image alt text.
February 21, 2019
- Custom social icon
Users can now add their own custom icons and images in the Social content block.
- New row types
4 new Rows with additional column structures, adding more layout flexibility (now 10 column structures in total).
- All Undo and Redo events are now tracked by the onChange callback.
- Optimized CSS loading when using web fonts.
- Fixed a bug related to HTML creation when a $ character was included as part of a placeholder or conditional syntax.
- Fixed a bug related to Display Conditions based on HTML comments syntax.
- Buttons in Custom Rows now use a standard translation term when no text is provided.
- Fixed an encoding issue with the characters "<" and ">" when added to a Text Block.
- Fixed rendering issues with the background color in multi-column layouts in Outlook.
- Fixed an issue with the creation of mailto links in the Social content block.
January 22, 2019
- The impossibility to use angled-bracket tags inside text blocks.
- An issue that caused row display conditions to be rendered incorrectly.
- Small issue with column background in multi-column layouts for Outlook desktop clients.
- Minor layout issues in Thunderbird, regarding social icons split across two rows, in some specific cases.
- Minor layout issues in Office365, regarding misalignment between multi-columns and single-colum layout, in some specific cases.